|Renter's Guide - "Single Family Homes, Condos, Villas, Townhomes, Duplexes and Small Multi-Family Rental Properties"|
The perfect place for the potential tenant|
Okay! So you have decided to look for a new place for you and your family to live. Now that you have begun the search with our rental agency it is important to remember this; landlords are looking for a tenant who will pay their bills on time, maintain a clean and well-kept home and has steady employment with a reasonable income to justify the rent.
Great! Now you have found that perfect place.
It looks like you're ready to apply for the property. Click on the link below and you can view our rental application. Print an application out for you and any other adults that will be living with you. Accurately and completely fill out the entire application and submit via fax or in person to our office.
Note: Applicant(s) must submit a non-refundable application fee in the amount of $50.00 per adult (18 years or older), per rental application, for cost expenses and fees in processing the application. Also, a "RESERVATION DEPOSIT" of $500.00 shall be collected in consideration for taking the dwelling unit off the market while the application is being processed. If approved, and the lease is entered into and possession of the dwelling unit is taken, the "RESERVATION FEE" shall be applied towards the security deposit. Better Homes of America Inc. retains the right to increase the rental application fee or reservation deposit amount at any time without notice.
Guidelines for Rental Acceptance
Just started your search? Take a look at our rental page to view a list of rentals complete with pictures and details, maps, local schools information and more.
Policies on Qualifying Applicants
Better Homes of America Inc. has a few policies that you should keep in mind before we accept your application.
- You must schedule an appointment with one of our agents/residential property managers to see the inside of the property.
- All deposit funds and first months rent must be in certified funds. (Cashiers Check or Money Order)
- Rent is always due on the 1st of the month. It is late after the 2nd.
- In some cases bad credit does not automatically disqualify you from consideration however you must have an acceptable landlord history and at least 6 months on the job.
Better Homes of America Inc. reserves the right to change the qualification standards and the guide lines for rental acceptance that are currently listed.
Current Tenant Information
Do you have a maintenance issue? Please click on the online maintenance request form below. Print a copy, fill it out giving as much information as possible and fax it to our office at 772-206-3154. We will respond within 24 hours.
If you have an emergency that needs immediate attention, please call us at 772-873-0228.
Maintenance Request Form
Helpful Tenant Tips and links
Tenants often suffer because they are not aware of their rights. Better Homes of America Inc. pays attention to the ever changing landlord tenant laws in order to protect our clients from liability. If you have questions about your rights, check this link Landlord Tenant Law
Itís a common misconception that owners do not want their tenants to contact them when they have a maintenance issue. Many issues that occur around a home do not require a major expense but if neglected, could become a much larger problem. If it is causing an inconvenience to you itís possible that the landlord would be willing to repair the item. Itís just as important to the landlord in most cases that the home remains occupied and in good condition. Donít fear retaliatory actions from the landlord. Report the problem. I think youíll find most landlords appreciate your diligence with regards to the care of their home.
If you have lost or misplaced your maintenance instructions addendum, just click on the link below to print out another copy. Please remember that this addendum is something that needs to be thoroughly read and followed throughout your tenancy and upon move-out.
Maintenance Instruction Addendum
Before you vacate a property the following steps should be taken:
- Provide Better Homes of America Inc. with a 60-day notice. The day you give the notice is the day the 60 days will begin. You can give your notice any day of the month. For example, if you give your notice on June 16th 2009, your last day at the property would be August 14th 2009.
- At some point during that 60 days leading up to vacancy, provide Better Homes of America Inc. with a forwarding address and contact Better Homes of America Inc. if you have questions about a pro-rated amount of rent.
- Better Homes of America Inc. has provided you at the beginning of your lease agreement a Departure Guideline, Tenant Handbook and a Move-In Inspection Report. Please reference the mentioned documents to determine the condition as they were on the first day of possession and what must be done. Please compare the move-in condition reference and the move-out condition. Reference the Departure Guidelines for damages and cleaning that would be charged to you if not completed before returning the keys.
- Upon vacating the property, you need to return all keys and any remotes (if applicable). Better Homes of America Inc. has 15 days to return the security deposit if there is no intent to impose a claim. If the forwarding address is not provided, it may hold up the return of your security deposit.
- The security deposit will be mailed to you at the last known address on file. We do not allow tenants to come by the office to pick up their check.